Simply Plastics Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Simply Plastics Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st May 2015.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as your address and postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Processing orders.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- If you have provided consent, we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. Our promotional emails will contain a link which will enable you to unsubscribe from any future emails.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We may provide your information to our third party partners for marketing or promotional purposes.
- We will never sell your information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Simply Plastics, Unit B1, Commerce Way, Colchester, Essex, CM3 8DQ, United Kingdom.
You may also request for the data that we hold about you to be modified or deleted by sending an email to email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer (if you allow) in order to help us identify your device – like your PC or mobile phone – whenever you visit our site.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive, and depending on the type of cookie, may be removed from your computer once your session has ended, or will be persistent and remain for a period of time.
We use the following types of cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. On our site, the Umbraco Session cookies are essential for the site to operate correctly in that they enable you to log into secure areas of our site and so maintain the state between pages. ‘Session Cookies’ such as these will only last until you close your browser. They are not stored on your hard drive.
Analytical/performance cookies – They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies – These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
Flash cookies - Flash cookies (similar to HTTP cookies), are pieces of data that our website may store on your computer in order to enable to use of certain flash players (such as Adobe).
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information on Twitter Cookies, please visit https://twitter.com/privacy.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
This cookie enables us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern; and
- track user actions and page views.
Google cookie details
This cookie contains the user's session ID and will expire at the end of the session (when you close your browser). This cookie does not store personal data about you.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including strictly necessary cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for our strictly necessary cookies (which are ‘Session Cookies’ and so will only last until you close your browser) all cookies will expire after 2 years (when a cookie expires, it is left on your hard drive unless you manually remove the cookie via your browser settings or employ a third-party software to manage cookies).
For more information on cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau at www.allaboutcookies.org.